Wednesday, March 16, 2011

POM Lime salad dressing

POM pomegranate juice is quite yummy. Last year, POM sent me several bottles of juice and said 'Have fun!' Well, they didn't actually say that -- but that's what I did! I created several recipes using the juice, these are my favorites: Chocolate POM frosting & Cranberry pomegrante spread.



Now, they are coming out with a new product - POM Concentrate. It's still 100% pomegranate juice, but thick, sweet, tart and packing a powerful punch of flavor. It makes me happy.



So does this first recipe. We loved it - in fact I'm making a big batch this weekend to use on salads all next week. It was a unanimous vote that we're trying this dressing with spinach, strawberries and feta ASAP!





POM Lime dressing



  • 1 lime

  • 2 tsp POM concentrate

  • pinch salt

  • pinch sugar

  • pinch pepper

  • 1 small clove garlic, finely minced

  • 1/4 cup oil (I used EVOO)



  1. Zest entire lime onto a cutting board. Mince the zest.

  2. For the garlic, when I say finely mince... I mean finely mince! But that's me... I love the flavor but don't want to bite into a hunk'a'garlic!

  3. Juice lime into a small bowl. Add zest, garlic, POM and seasonings. Whisk just until blended.

  4. Slowly drizzle in oil while whisking to 'blend' everything together.

  5. Serve immediately. Or keep in a covered container in fridge for 3-4 days. The flavor will become stronger the longer you wait; and you will need to give it a quick whisk just before serving. {This makes enough for 2-4 salads.}



On a plain salad....




Close up -- see the pepper? zest? True yummyness?





Thanks POM for another great product!



Keep a lookout-- I'm playing with drinks, appetizers, desserts and more, using POM Concentrate.




God Bless ~ Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment